Saturday, March 8, 2014

Caution:Skin Care alert!



Hello,

Recently I noticed some big pores on my skin which got me worried but motivated to work on some proper skin care routine. Hence, I decided to share my morning and night skin care routine. I have combination skin where my t-zone is oily and rest of my face is dry.

I diligently clean my makeup every night with the seaweed purifying facial cleanser by The Body Shop, I use this in the morning after washing my face. The seaweed line is renowned for tightening pores and works best for combination to oily skins. Not only does this clean makeup thoroughly it smooths skin's surface. At times I use it to clean my face and neck before applying makeup which gives good lasting, helps matte finish and prevents oiliness on t-zone. This is my second purchase of the cleanser and it's becoming a regular in my skincare closet. The seaweed line is a great buy for summer season.


After cleanser I use the nutriganics refreshing toner (The Body Shop) this by far has not given any buzz worthy results. It's just an okay product at least for my skin. Mostly I just use it in the morning and not on whole face only on t-zone, that's where I noticed my open pores as well. After I finish this, I'm definitely buying the seaweed toner.

I also purchased the nutriganics smoothing day cream (The Body Shop) which again is a very light moisturizer. After an hour or so even the oily parts of my skin feel dry and I need to go for another coat. I will not be buying it again and look towards other moisturizers at The Body Shop. The day cream says it 'revitalises and reduces the apperaence of lines and wrinkles' 'first signs of ageing', I cannot put any word on that as I haven't seen any change. Moreover its more expensive than other great face moisturisers at The Body Shop.

Applying esstential oils like olive oil and almond oil before sleeping has helped my skin a great deal as well. My skin feels hydrated and experiences less breakouts. Beware of not going out in the sun or expose your skin to heat after applying olive oil as it can tan skin (unless you want to).

The seaweed collection is great for the summer months, especially for countries where climate is humid.
It gives smooth matte finish. I have already bought the seaweed mattifying day cream and cant wait to write about it!

Take care and join me:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AyeshaSiddiqui9
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/ayeshasiddiqui9/
Polyvore: http://isha-siddiqui.polyvore.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment