Tuesday, May 21, 2013

D.I.Y Winter/Summer face prep

Hello everyone!

Are you fighting dry skin or is your face complexion looking down because of the scorching heat? Lately mine was and I came across this amazing natural face moisturizer (you can call this something between a face moisturizer and facial from the salon!)



So I ran to my kitchen cabinets and  found the best ingredients olive oil and honey (pretty simple). Took 1 teaspoon of honey and a little less than a teaspoon of olive oil and mixed them together and gently massaged it on my face and neck (never forget the neck). In addition grab a small towel and soak it in warm water and place it on you face so the pores can open up to let the ingredients sink in. You can dab your the face with warm water before applying the mix to avoid the towel, either way is good!

I laid down for 15 minutes and by the time I was up my skin absorbed the mixture. I gently wiped my face with water only and voila my skin was soft and supple. 

Among many benefits honey is known to have properties which helps to refresh and rejuvenate skin which is great for the hot summer months. Olive oil is an all rounder for the inside and outside. Consistent use of olive oil on the face can correct uneven skin tone as well.

Quick tip: best to do a night or even a few hours before an event. Skin will be so smooth which will make applying makeup very easy.

Take care and remember the simple things!

Join me:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AyeshaSiddiqui9
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/ayeshasiddiqui9/boards/
Polyvore: http://isha-siddiqui.polyvore.com/?filter=sets

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I love natural home facials. Honey makes your skin so soft! Never thought of putting a warm towel over, greta tip I'm going to try it out.

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the warmth will just open up your pores and sink the ingredients better..Remember to wash with cold water afterwards to close the pores!

    ReplyDelete