Sunday, May 26, 2013

Nail Trend 2013: Lilac it!

Hello everyone, 

 Nails are an important part of every girl's beauty routine. Setting into my Sunday I wanted to start off my week by one of the biggest trends this season ,Yes lilac nails.


Essence-Ballerina Charm


This color is so feminine and adds chic and sophistication to any look.  In addition the color is such a break away from the bright and dark shades I've been trying. No one should be afraid to pull this color off as it looks best from the fairest to the darkest skin colored people including older and the younger generation. 

I tried the lilac from Essence "Color and go" collection no.131 Ballerina charm. I added a twist by putting a coat of Sally Hansen "Sheerly Opal"on my toe nails which gave an extra Oomph. The Sally Hansen color is a pearly shade which came in  the French manicure kit.




The Essence color ranges are best and I found them to be the cheapest in the market. The lilac shade stays put very well for at least 2 days. I would recommend adding the top coat or just the "Sheerly Opal". Though the color is cheap in price but I found Essence colors hardly make the nails go yellow a concern when purchasing lower priced nail lacquers.

Also check out L'Oreal's Color Riche collection, Revlon and O.P.I for lilac shades.
Revlon(Lilac Pastelle),L'Oreal(Rose Bagatalle),O.P.I(Do you lilac it?)



Quick Tip: Lilac hardly has any restrictions it can be worn to important presentations (work/university), weddings, day events anywhere and everywhere!

Pastel hues are all the rage this summer from clothes to beauty items so pairing it up with other pastels colors or neon brights is not a problem at all. 
  
Here are a few colors/looks lilac looks great with!
Thats it from the beauty dashboard, leave your comments and don't forget make a statement!

2 comments:

  1. I love lilac shades, I just find them so hard to apply as sometimes they go a bit streaky. :(

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you most of them that i tried are tricky i hate the streaky effect as well. However this Essence one is minimal on that!

      Delete